Friday, May 31, 2013

Photo Friday Round III


Week 3: May 25 – May 31

(Wiki Tatu: Ishirini na Tano Mei mpaka Thelathini na Moja Mei)


A private nursery school near Amani that I visited this week. The school was started by the woman on the right, from her own money on her own property, to make sure kids went to primary school (afterwards). Some kids pay what they can, others do not pay at all. Remarkable what one person can do.

And, the kids were literally attached to my arms and hands. I wish I could take their laughter with me wherever I go for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick! Coach Tracy here...Marisa sent the link for your blog just as I arrived home from 3.5 months traveling with my daughter. On the trip we spent a week in Tanzania, mostly for a 5 day safari. We were able to visit an orphanage/school (Good Hope) in Arusha, and visited a Datoga tribe and some bushmen near Lake Eyasi. I really wished we had more time to just "be" there, which is what you are having the amazing opportunity to do! Soak in all you can, and I look forward to hearing all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! I bet it was great. We will be exchanging stories when I return, I'm sure!

      Delete